I know there are, what, two months left in the year? A month and a half? But I'm throwing in the towel. I'm ready for hibernation. I'm done for, to say the least.
This year, for the first time in a couple of years, I participated in Octoberfest at E.S.T. Which was an unmitigated, top-to-bottom blast. I have no regrets about it...but I gotta say, it kind of wiped me out. I did a big rewrite on a full-length play and wrote a short play, which rehearsed for about twelve minutes. I went to a few things, danced my ass off quite a few times and generally had a grand time. At my age, grand times are starting to come with a price, though.
As the year is winding down and I think about my Grand Project, I got about half-way there. Which ain't shabby, but took a lot. I wrote two full-length plays this year, did one big rewrite on another play, wrote a short play, wrote a webisode, reconnected with a lot of theatre people and theatre companies, wrote this blog, worked my regular full-time job, and attempted to have something of a personal life. Oh, and facebooked like a champ. Eleven months into the year and I'm kind of done.
I didn't achieve a lot of the things I wanted to achieve or aimed for, but I got a bit further down the road. I think, for this year, that's enough. 2009 has been a weird one, lots of ups and downs. I might just lie back, put my feet up and cruise on auto-pilot into 2010. That's the year we make contact, right? I can handle that. I might just need a nap first.
Peace! No, really. Peace.